Sunday, January 30, 2011

Regrets are Evil

Hershey Park Comet
What a week.  Up, down, whipsaw first one way then another - -- a roller coaster.  And I don't like roller coasters.   Had a joyous day, a tumultuous day, a day of regret, a day of confusion.  The roller coaster included great pleasure, pain, anxiety, remorse, fear, joy.  One day I could not eat, another day felt like a bottomless pit of food.   A mess.

We all have our ways of working through life's bombshells and blasts.  Some drink, some eat, some avoid, some talk -- me, I write, I read, I go to meetings. Hell, I even went to Mass.

So after 7 long days, I think I understand much if not all of the events.  I think I have accepted my feelings and what I want - and don't want.  But then again, it's only 7 days - and this is a big one. So most likely, I am still a mess. But I just want to work through this is such a way that at the other side, I have no regrets. Or maybe just a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment